It’s very simple to make, and is delicious served with salsa, guacamole, and pita
breads or naan.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 2 tablespoons salsa 116mg; Carbohydrates: 1g; Fiber: <1g; Protein: 18g
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper akes
- 12 ounces sirloin tip steak, cut into 4 pieces and gently pounded to about ⅓ inch thick
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the salsa, chipotle pepper, vinegar, cumin, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Rub this mixture into both sides of each steak piece. Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the basket into the unit. Preheat the unit by selecting AIR FRY, setting the temperature to 390°F, and setting the time to 3 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Once the unit is preheated, spray the basket with cooking oil. Working in batches, place 2 steaks into the basket.
- Select AIR FRY, set the temperature to 390°F, and set the time to 9 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- After about 6 minutes, check the steaks. If a food thermometer inserted into the meat registers at least 145°F, they are done. If not, resume cooking.
- When the cooking is done, transfer the steaks to a clean plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 with the remaining steaks.
- Thinly slice the steaks against the grain and serve.
Per Serving: Calories: 144; Total fat: 7g; Saturated fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 53mg; Sodium: 116mg; Carbohydrates: 1g; Fiber: <1g; Protein: 18g